- Getting Around
- About FOSS4G
FOSS4G 2011 Academic Track
The FOSS4G 2011 Academic Track aims to bringing together researchers, developers, users and practitioners carrying out research and development in the geospatial and the free and open source fields and who are willing to share original and recent research developments and experiences.
The major goals of this track are to:
- Promote cooperative research between OSGeo developers, companies, and academia.
- Highlight the most important research challenges and trends in the domain, and let them became the basis for an informal OSGeo research agenda.
- Foster interdisciplinary discussions in all aspects of the geospatial and free and open source domains.
- Promote networking between the participants, to initiate and favor discussions regarding cutting-edge technologies in the field, to exchange research ideas and to promote international collaboration.
- Highlight the use and challenges of the use of FOSS4G in schools systems and universities; libraries; and museums for teaching, administration, educational research, and GIScience research.
OSGeo developers and companies are strongly encouraged to attend this session to provide their input and feedback. A current list of accepted paper abstracts is now available.
Full paper submission guidelines:
Deadline for submission of invited full papers to the Academic Track is July 31, 2011. Detailed instructions for full paper submissions will be sent to the authors together with the notification of acceptance of their paper for publication.
Presentations within moderated paper sessions are typically 20-30 minutes, including 5 minutes for questions, with two to three presenters per session.
This year's committee will evaluate all abstracts and make selections based on topic, content, and time available. All authors will be notified after the selection process. A detailed program of presentations and events will be provided prior to the conference. A projector and screen will be provided in the presentation room.
All presenters must register for the conference. Acceptance as a presenter does not register you, and registration fees are required. Please check the deadlines and procedures for registration in the conference website.
High quality submissions to the Academic Track will be invited to submit a full paper that will published in a high quality international peer-review journal.
Posters will be exhibitors in the lobby area next to the exhibit area. A poster presentation session, when authors will be present to discuss their papers, will be held from 5:30pm to 8pm on Wednesday evening. Note to poster authors: poster boards will be 4' x 8' (1.2 x 2.4m), and you can use push pins to attach poster materials to the board.